Letter from the President and Membership, Media & Marketing Officer
We are reaching out to you to ask you to renew your membership with the European Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine and Biology (ESMRMB). As you know, the mission of the ESMRMB is to help different disciplines to work together, across boundaries and silos, cultures and countries, in order to accelerate and share scientific knowledge. More than ever, such a convergence of clinical practice and basic science is essential to drive our field forward. ESMRMB strives to provide an open, European-centred, welcoming and accessible home for our multidisciplinary MRI community, and we need people such as yourself to strengthen the position of our community.
While continuing our successful activities, including the annual congress (this year returning to Barcelona on 1-3 October) and the course programmes for physicists (Lectures on MR), radiographers (Hands-on MRI), and radiologists (School of MRI) in an online format, we have also made some important changes to further our goals of increasing inclusive science, democratising MRI, and enhancing in-depth knowledge on MRI in clinical practice:
- Our courses on MRI in clinical practice have been integrated within the European School of Radiology (ESOR)
- We will start a course programme on Advanced MR Neuroimaging together with the European Society of Neuroradiology (ESNR). The first course on fMRI will take place in Malta 5-7 November
- The Gadolinium Research and Education Committee became a working group within ESMRMB (‘eGREC’)
- We formed the Committee for Advancement of MRI Education and Research in Africa (CAMERA)
- We created an Early Career Research Committee providing representation within the Executive Board and throughout various other committees of MRI researchers and clinicians in the earlier stages of their careers.
- Members have free access to our online Journal MAGMA
Membership benefits include:
- Reduced fees for all ESMRMB activities, including the annual congress and educational programme
- Access to all webinars free of charge
- Eligibility for honours, awards, and fellowships to help boost academic careers
- Opportunity to become actively involved in ESMRMB activities, e.g. through the Early Career Researchers or Congress Planning committees
- Access to networks for EU funding and the discussion of EU regulatory affairs
We very much look forward to welcoming you as new or returning member in 2020 and we do hope to see you during our educational and scientific activities throughout the year.
ESMRMB Membership, Media & Marketing Officer
P.S.: Feel free to share this with your friends and collegues. We are always happy to welcome new members to our community!
New ESMRMB Working Group
ESMRMB is delighted to announce the launch of a new working group: Committee for Advancement of MRI Education and Research in Africa (CAMERA).
This ESMRMB Working Group aims to develop a sustainable framework for accelerating MRI research and education excellence in Africa, particularly in Sub-Sharan Africa, a region of the world with the lowest density of MRI scanners.
The working group will be lead by Udunna Anazodo (Canada), Johnes Obungoloch (Uganda), Mario Forjaz Secca (Mozambique) Andrew Webb (Netherlands) and Abiodun Fatade (Nigeria).
For any enquiries please contact the ESMRMB Office
Want to stay up to date in MR related matters?
You can find an overview of all MR related events in our ESMRMB event calendar or have a look at the latest announcements of upcoming courses, events and more below.
The symposium is focused to the field of interventional MRI. Talks and posters will be held on both, basic experimental studies and clinical applications. In this manner it is planned – comparable to former meetings – to provide a forum where scientists and clinicians can contribute their knowledge and experience in this special field.
This event is officially endorsed by the ESMRMB.