School of MRI
Prostate MRI Online Course
February 22, 2021 from 16:00 – 19:00 (CET)
A case based state-of-art- to diagnose efficiently prostate cancer. The course will include introductory technical and didactic MRI lectures followed by case review sessions to provide learning skills to face questions and pitfalls to diagnose prostate cancer.
Online live 3 hours course
- 1 lecture: Technical MRI practical updated protocol
- 1 lecture: Didactic radiological MRI updated key points
- Case review cases session
The Prostate MRI Online Course is free for ESMRMB Members 2021 in good standing. The Registration Link will be automatically send to you shortly before the Webinar.
AIm and Target Group
To get knowledge and practical skills to update and optimize the protocols combined with challenged practicing on real key clinical cases for prostate cancer diagnoses on MRI
- Radiologists or any professional (technical/clinician) who would like to become more confident on reading or performing prostate MRI to improve the diagnoses of prostate cancer
- To be up-to-date and optimize the MRI protocol for prostate cancer diagnosis
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Feel confident on reporting prostate MRI according to PI-RADS 2.1
Speaker: Joan C (Kai) Vilanova. Girona/ES
16:00 – 16:05 Introduction to the course
16:05 – 16:30 Optimal Prostate MRI protocol
16:30 – 17:00 Reading and reporting MRI of prostate: PI-RADS 2.1
17:00 – 17:15 Break
17:15 – 19:00 Case reading clinical cases
European Course on Advanced Imaging Techniques in Neuroradiology
ESMRMB is happy to announce its collaboration with the European Society of Neuroradiology. The course will be organized in cycles repeating every 2 years. Each cycle consists of 4 modules of 2 to 3 days each. Reduced registration fees for ESMRMB Memebers will be offered.
May 6-8, 2021
Course organising committee:
ESMRMB: Marion Smits, Edwin Oei, Alexander Leemans
ESNR: Sven Haller, Tarek Yousry, Johan van Goethem
The course faculty consists of clinical and technical experts on fMRI data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation.
The aim of the course
The aim of this course is to convey in-depth knowledge about functional MR imaging (fMRI) with a focus on clinical practice. This advanced MR neuroimaging technique is increasingly applied to the assessment of the healthy and diseased human brain and provides information about the brain’s activity. The course will offer an overview of present methodologies, functional neuroanatomy, and clinical as well as some research applications. These topics are taught using a mixture of lectures, practical data analysis sessions, and small group case discussions. Special attention is given to the interpretation of clinical cases, including results from both task-based presurgical fMRI examinations and more advanced resting-state fMRI studies.
Fundamentals of fMRI
• Physiological principles of fMRI
• Blood oxygen level dependent contrast (BOLD) MRI technique and functional MR imaging sequences
• Task-based versus resting state fMRI
• Motor system
• Language system
• Visual system
Experimental and Paradigm Design
• Technical set-up for clinical fMRI
- Categorical, factorial, parametric designs
- Blocked versus event-related paradigms
• Paradigms: development, implementation and pitfallsData Analysis
• Spatial preprocessing
• Statistical analysis for task-based and resting-state fMRI
Clinical application of fMRI
• Presurgical planning of brain tumour and epilepsy patients
• Applications in psychiatric and neurodegenerative disease
• Challenges and pitfalls of fMRI in clinical practice
|Early Fee||Late Fee|
|ESNR Junior Members
ESMRMB Junior/Radiographer Members
|€ 450||€ 550|
|ESNR Full/Associate Members
ESMRMB Regular Members
|€ 600||€ 700|
|ESNR Institutional Members||€ 790||€ 890|
|Non-members||€ 800||€ 900|
* Technicians and radiographers can benefit the same rates as Junior members
ESMRMB Members can benefit from the discounted member rates. Please contact ESPR Central Office at email@example.com to obtain the discount code to complete your registration according to your membership type. Please add the discount code in the discount code field on the last step of the registration process.
The course is taught at the advanced level and builds on the ECNR as well as the ESMRMB School of MRI programmes. Participants are physicians with good knowledge of MRI techniques in a clinical neuroradiological context.
ESOR (European School of Radiology)
ESMRMB is happy to announce its collaboration with the European School of Radiology (ESOR) – an institution, fulfilling the mission of the European Society of Radiology (ESR) in the field of education. One of its main goals is to assist in harmonising radiological education in Europe. With its wide range of activities ESOR additionally aims to raise standards in the field of scientific radiology, to extend and coordinate teaching resources worldwide and to help young radiologists to achieve the knowledge and skills to fulfil tomorrow’s requirements.